Petals and Rings
It's been a while (a month to be exact!) since I last posted. My lack of initiative to post the updates of my wedding preps gives me the panicky feeling. We're three months shy away from the Big day.
Well, for one, I was able to have my gown measurement last September 3 at Taal, Batangas. I think that's just my achievement for the past month! Gosh! I'm way behind my shedule of "activities"... if you know what I mean. *winks*
By the way, I'm posting a pic of our wedding band. Bought it way back in June. Bought it with a 50% discount. Kinda bit okey comparing it with the first pair of ring we saw in a bridal fair at Megamall. We're having it engraved anytime this October (fingers crossed).
My only problem with it is that mine has 4 diamonds on it. Now, there's a saying (kasabihan/paniniwala)in our culture that stones in wedding rings have to be in odd numbers. So, I need to have one stone removed.. or perhaps, added (which I think is way out of my mind).
Another achievement: got our handmade papers for our invitation from VCQ (las Pinas City)! *whew!* We're on our way to making our invitation. Actually, we decided on having a DIY invitation. Makes the invitation personal, aye? Plus, some invitations just get shoved off the table after the wedding unless you're very close to that family that they'll have it for keeps.
I've seen this photo of invitation from the web. And I'm having ours patterned after it. Not totally, though. It's made of handmade paper with reddish petals on it. We ordered our papers the same way. Plus Mr. Quiblat, the owner of VCQ gave us a freebie -- an abaca rope -- to tie the invitation. A good deal actually for handmade papers. Btw, I'm also posting a sample of that photo from the web. I'll just post again a photo of our REAL invitation when it's done. :)


Scheduled for this week too is our application of Marriage License. A brief update on this stuff... Last week, Perry obtained the application form from Paranaque Municipal Hall. He was given two forms, after severel inquiries regarding the necessary information/documents to be submitted together with the application. He's getting his barangay certificate (it's required daw), CENOMAR (just to be sure if he's really single :P) and birth cert from NSO. On my end, I've finally (after weeks of waiting) got the Certificate of No Impediment to Marry from NZ Embassy. Quite an achievement for me, really.
So, there. We just have to get all these necessary docs and we can lodge the application form. They say it takes ten working (?) days before it's approved. In addition, we have to take the family planning seminar... whatever.
That's all folks. :D



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home