Sunday, October 16, 2005

TWENTY SEVEN

It is with emotions.
It is with love.
It is with happiness.
It is with relentless hopefulness.

We love.
We lose.
We cherish.


Every year, during my birthday, I stop by and recall what has happened in my life. I started doing this since I came to a point where I pondered life's importance and purpose. I usually give thanks to the blessings that come my way. Thankful to new friends I've made but forever joyful for my close friends and family.

The past year has proven to be very tough. Tougher than I thought. But hey, which year doesn't?

The reason why I'm writing about this is because of one incident lingering in my mind til now. An officemate of mine recently lost her dad. He was 80 years old. We visited her during the wake. What caught my eye is this old lady sitting in one of the chairs. She's in her late seventies. She's calmy talking to a young woman sitting beside her. Her eyes looked sad and tired. But she still managed to welcome her guests to pay their last respect to her husband.

That night somehow pinched my soul and opened my eyes to a whole new situation in life I haven't pondered upon ever. Until that night. We meet someone we'll love for the rest of our life until that day we finally part ways -- forever. It's a mystery for me how that old woman feels now that her partner in life has left her alone. Someone she's been with for the past fifty years, everyday, has left her to go on with the journey of life by herself. What must be life after?

Now, I'm left with this question: is it terrifying for that day to come? I believe it will be. But what matters most is how I'll spend the rest of my life with the person I'm marrying. What matters most is what happens during that fifty years.

Cheers! Happy Birthday to me! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home