Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Less than two weeks notice

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year... belated. Now, I'm back at work and have to update my blog. I can't believe it's just 11 days more to go before the big day. I've been asked by friends and colleagues what I'm feeling with the wedding day just few days ahead. I'm not really that excited. Maybe because I still have to do a lot of preparations. Little things, small details can be very stressful, mind you.

Plus, with the Christmas season and New Year's celebration in between, I felt like time is not enough for all the things I wanna do. But I'm grateful for the past holiday season. Spent it with my family this year. The New Year's celebration was even a blast. We had our used-to-be yearly reunion. And, Perry graced us with his presence... hehehe.

Going back to my wedding preps, the first two days of 2006 was spent finalizing our souvenirs. We bought our souvenir from Divisoria a week before christmas. I was happy that day having achieved another task from my things-to-do list. Anway, never thought bagging souvenirs -- creating a thank you tag, conceptualizing final aesthetic look, and even choosing the right strings and ribbons -- is that tough! We even changed the lay-out of the tags several times just to come up with the right words and nicey look. Thankfully, we finished half of the give-aways (read: the final product) just right before we leave for Manila.

Last 29th of December, Perry's parents came over at Antipolo to meet my parents. They arrived at around 8 in the evening. We had a simple dinner while chatting. I think it went well, coz they managed to leave by past midnight. :) We headed for Dagupan the following day in preparation for the New Year's reunion and celebration.

On the 30th, my mum, my ninang, tita alice and cousins tagged along to see our wedding venue. Thank goodness they liked the place. :)

Now, looking forward to the things I ought to do:
  1. Have my gown fitting
  2. Have my parents' gown measurement (would you believe this?!)
  3. Buy Perry's pants and shoes for the wedding
  4. Finish up with the misalette and have it printed
  5. Assign for the on-the-day tasks
  6. Finalize guest list
  7. Finalize seating arrangements (will opt for the zoning method)\
  8. Finish distributing the invitations
  9. Finalize songs for wedding (to be submitted to the musicians)
  10. Have a TMU and pre-nuptial shoot this weekend
  11. Have a spa!

I think my list will be longer.... I hope I'll survive this week without getting so much stressed. I'm afraid to get sick before or on the day of my wedding. I pray too that it won't rain on my wedding day... I just hope I'll have my dream garden wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home