Thursday, November 10, 2005

Prep update

Checklist for the month:

RECEPTION & CEREMONY: Leisure Coast
Paid the DP.

We went to LC twice. Firstly, with Rach (my emcee), to view the place. Secondly, with Perry, to take photos (for floor/seat planning) of the ceremony venue and the reception venue.

We still have to return for the contract signing and food tasting. A testimonial from someone who’s had her wedding at this place said that LC doesn’t serve good food. I just hope their food doesn’t taste really bad.


PHOTO & VIDEO: Smartshot
Paid the DP.

We have to see them this weekend! I have to drag Perry to accompany me. We have to schedule our pre-nup pictorial with them.


WEDDING BANDS: Pinctada
Paid full.

For engraving. Just don’t know yet what to put into the rings. I want something unique. Something that describes us.


ENTERTAINMENT: JJS Entertainment
50% paid.

I’ve asked Perry to come up with a list of songs we’ll be using for the ceremony and during the reception. I just hope he comes up with the list soon … soon as in before the month ends!


WEDDING GOWN and ENTOURAGE GOWNS/BARONG TAGALOG: Perry’s Tita
Paid 50%

Oh, here’s a pic of what I chose for my lady entourage (MOH and BM).

I like the embroidery bit. It's simple.


FLORAL ARRANGEMENT: Airene’s Flower Shoppe
Paid 50%.

It took me several flower shops before deciding and choosing Airene. With Tita Elvie’s (mom’s friend) help, we were able to negotiate the prices without compromising the type of flowers and the style of arrangements I visualize. In comparison with Manila rates, hers is cheaper. But still, I’m a bit hesitant paying that much money for flowers.

I’ve always dreamt of having tulips for my wedding. Although, I’ve never seen a real one before I turned 18, photos of tulips growing in Europe just have this captivating feeling. So, there… I’m having tulips for my bouquet.

Actually, I don’t want magarbo floral arrangements. My rule is everything should be simple. I see elegance in simple things. So, my flowers would only consist of roses (red and white), carnations, and gerberas.


INVITATION: DIY
Oh my gosh! We still haven’t finished doing our invitations and it’s November! It’s supposed to be delivered by the first week of this month, but it looks like it’ll be a bit late. Hoepfully, we'll finish it before the week ends. Then we can send it out to our guests early next week.


HAIR & MAKE-UP: Nanan
I first had Ador Reyes for my HMU. He was recommended by a fellow W@Wie. He's good. But then, I'm still looking for "that" look. Then last holiday, Rach and I were chatting about weddings and she asked me about my make-up artist. Told her I've booked someone but I'm not satisfied with my look. She then recommended her friend Nanan to me. Oh di ba! I'm getting a HMUA for a cheaper price. Very unexpected. I'm scheduled to have my TMU anytime this month.


HOTEL: Lenox Hotel for bridal preparation
Paid 50%

It's a tough luck to find a very affordable and quality hotel in Dagupan. And since I never have the luxury of time to go around Dagupan (though it's a small town, jammed with traffic), I've asked one of my cuzs to scout for me. I was so happy she gave me several hotel brochures.

Again, My cuz, Rach and I went to each of these hotels. We found Lenox Hotel the best among the rest (parang cheering!). It's a new hotel in Dagupan City, which opened mid-year of last year. What's more attractive was their check-in time. I mean, the usual time for check-ins is 12NN; but in here, their cut-off time is 5.30AM. :)

MISALETTE: DIY
Almost finished. We're just stuck with the lay-out.

EMCEE: Rachel
She's a close friend of mine. A very energetic and witty woman.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home