Wednesday, July 02, 2008

shady tree

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

All my life, I’ve seen major changes – changes in my life which brought about memories I will cherish forever and memories I wish I can forever forget. But they can’t can they?

My life has been a roller coaster. A journey, I must say, to the unknown. I’ve seen golden plains, climbable hills, unconquerable mountains, unsevered roads, and a rock underneath a shady tree. But what do we do of all these changes? What do we make of them?

There came a point when I have been so frustrated with the changes in my life that I started to shrink. I used to have this flair and zest for what’s around the corner, what’s around that river-bend, what’s along that plateau edge.

What happened? Is it because we age that we want to etch our comfort within a zone? So comfortable that major changes meant starting anew?

After several years passing by a rocky road, I finally reachthat shady tree to rest upon. How I wish everything shall remain the same. How I wish I still have that strength to go on as I continue on. And yes, it shall. For life doesn’t end on that shady tree. A moment will come when it’s time to move on again. For in every shady tree I stop and rest, a renewed spirit dawns on me. Only to hope and finally see another shady tree – to remind me of my milestones, my continued journey until I finally see the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home