Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's our anniversary

11 years ago, Perry made his way and won my heart on this day.

Those who were witness to our lovestory, especially our Bs and Ss from elbi, would attest that we've been through the roughest road anyone can imagine. No one might have thought we would still end up together as husband and wife.

I used to remember how P would make kulit to me back then when we were still friends. He had so many alibis so I could accompany him to his errands. lame huh?! lol. You know what his major move was so he could ask me to a date? He asked me for a bet. If I get more than 2.0 for my grade in Chem15, he'll treat me. If otherwise, I'll treat him. Guess who ended up at the winning side? ;-)

Well, we ended up at Wendy's Calamba with me paying for the dinner. Darn! He was able to date me at ako pa ang nagbayad! haha! I could have run away that night, he told. I said, "how could I when you were there at the PhySci doorsteps waiting for me"! But I was so naive then. I thought it's just a friendly bet. And I ended up naiinis only because it's the last money I have before the semester ended. And it's my only fare back home to Dagupan!

I think that was the moment I started to feel something for him. Come our sorority/fraternity's semender, I realized I'm starting to fall for him.

Our semender venue that year was at Pagsanjan. We took shelter for a couple of days with our Bs and Ss at this church house of another religion. It was really a wacky night. Everyone kept on singing. There were drinks everywhere. And just pure laughter. I was spending the night talking with another couple K and M, when P suddenly, out of nowhere (actually, he was with the other group downstairs) popped up and tried joining in the conversation.

I think, if my memory serves me right, we were talking about our subjects for that semester, on how we fared. P and M were both doing chem40 that same semester. Apparently, they were trying to predict their final grades based from their performances. All of a sudden, P had this lightbulb moment again. He asked me for another bet. He said if he gets 2.0 and above, I treat him. Anyway,he has this feeling he'll get a grade lower than 2.0 and Marlon was there to back him up. Realizing my betting prowess (haha!), I firmly declined the offer. But he and M were really insistent in convincing me that the odds are 70-30. So, K, M and P were all pushing me to take the bet. What can I do with these three monsters threatening my life. haha! I finally said yes. Oh what the heck. It's just a bet anyway. Guess now who won the bet?

We ate dinner at Shakey's Calamba on the 21st of November. That's the bet right?! Whoever loses have to pay. He picked me up after one of my classes. Now looking back, I realized I didn't enjoy that dinner for the same reason as before. I even wanted to kick his feet...he kept on making a lot of orders! Gosh, now I was getting nervous. I wonder how I can pay for our meal with my P150! haha!

Oh well, he ended up paying anyway. He said he never thought he'd get that grade in his chem40 so he might as well treat me.


That same night he made me cry. We were friends. That's a fact. On our way home, he shared to me this intimate secret of his. A revelation. He said he was gay! The nerve! And I was dumbfounded knowing that I've fallen for him. I'm sure about that now. I felt I was cheated. how could he, after all those flirts he's been sending me, now he's gay?!?!

It all started from a hirit. I was teasing him, probably he was gay that's why he doesn't have any gf or is not wooing anyone. Well, well, he rode on to my kiddings. He said that's the reason why he joined a fraternity. Where else can he find so much goodlooking guys to deal with every single day than in such groups?! And worse is, he kept on going and going with these reasons. He really sure can convince me it's true. I guess the joke was on me.


I guess the rest is history. We passed by his place before going to our rummage sale early dawn the following day to pick up some stuffs. We chatted for a while. Then he suddenly chifted gear. This time, he has this serious look on his face. That's when he told me he loves. All those gay-shit were just something he cooked up just for fun daw!

Now, I can't recall how we became a couple. I guess the crying said it all.


*=*=*=*=*

Happy Anniversary labs!

*=*=*=*=*

We're here in the Philippines and he's left in NZ. It's sad we're celebrating our wedding anniversary apart. I just hope we can be together sooner. Anyway, cheers to another marriage bliss! haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home