Homes and houses
I feel bad not having the time to blog...or even visit my blog! lol. well, kinda busy with other stuffs like helping out in the store, finding a full-time job, LV bag-hunting, looking for a house, and looking for a house to rent. The latter three has been fun and exciting.
We're not really keen into buying our first ever home yet. Property market has been on the rise with mortgage rates soaring (over 10% p.a. can you believe that??) and property owners taking advantage of the ever increasing house prices. It's not fair actually but I can't blame the sellers for doing so. The market will always reflect the willingness of consumers to buy at a given price. So, Perry and I have been waiting for the market to reach its saturation level and other factors which might push down the house prices (hopefully within this year...).
And I have stopped wanting a house since the property I've been eyeing for the last couple of months was finally sold! *sigh* I've been really coveting that house ever since I set my eyes on it while browsing the properties for sale pages. LOL. Perry and I went to their open home right away and I fell in love with it.
Well, it's not a BIG house. There's nothing wrong with having a huge, beautiful house. I don't really fancy big houses, though. I prefer having a reasonable-sized home. And practicality wise, huge homes mean huge expenses. Actually, I prefer those Victorian style houses rather than the modern brick homes. My cousin told me I'm so old fashioned... but hey, I have reasons: first, Old Vctorian house have their character on it having been around for almost a century. There's history in there. Plus, materials used are of solid Rimu wood. (Rimu wood is to NZ as Narra wood is to Philippines). Talk about sturdiness. Not to mention, Victorian houses have this classic style, which never gets outdated. They're big thus roomier. I love a house with big windows, french doors, intricate ceiling designs. My list can go on... lol.
Back to the house I'm referring to earlier, I love everything about it. It's like someone built my perfect dream house before I even started creating it on my mind. It has three big rooms. I love the modern kitchen especially the sink overlooking the garden where I picture Tristan to be playing in the garden while I cook for lunch or dinner. I love how the lounge opens up to a well-maintained garden by French doors. Here's a peek of it:

Welcome



The garden




The kitchen and dining


The bathroom


Lounge area



Who wouldn't fall in love with this home right? Sadly, another family now has it. *sigh again*.
So now, we've decided to just rent for a while until we've finally decided where to settle. Gosh, I didn't know finding a good and reasonably-priced house for rent will be this exhausting and stressful. haha! Would you believe it took us a month to finally find one. It's either the house we wanted is gone (one agent told us house we were wanting was just been rented out a couple of hours ago) or is really dreadful.
But hey, all's done and we're moving on the 10th this month! Yey! I'm really so excited.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home