How it is being away...
It has been 3 weeks since I’ve started full-time work. I terribly miss my son. It’s a big jump from being a stay-at-home Mum to being a working mum. And I’m missing my life as a SAHM.
I love the laid-back life I have…not really minding the time. I only have Tristan and P to take care of. I also miss cooking meals, preparing meals and having to bathe Tristan during the day. I miss playing with him. Making kulit and just simply growing up with him.
Over the next couple of days though, I may be able to do some of what I used to do.
Being here in Auckland and away from my family gave me a peek on how a migrant’s life is. Well, I’m a migrant, but I came here to NZ with my parents and brothers so adjusting is just left to changes with my outside zone. This is different in such different way. I felt like I’m in another country, when I’m only in Auckland. LOL. So uber but being away, irrespective of the distance, is still being away from the people you love. I’m just lucky I get to go home every Friday night and see my family during the weekends. My heart goes out to our OFW workers and other immigrants who have to be away from their family – all alone by themselves in another land.
More awesome is that I finally found a place here in Auckland where my family can move-in! yey! Did you know that it took me a couple of weeks to psyche myself in leaving the house we are in now? Letting go is so hard especially because I love that little place of ours. Anyway, we’ll be moving all our furnitures and other stuffs from Palmerston North to Auckland by the first week of October. And what’s more fantastic is that my company is paying for all the costs of my family relocating to Auckland!
So, I’ll be more than busy (and excited) for the next few weeks arranging our new house here in Auckland. I just hope everything else falls into place smoothly.
So much for that…. Last couple of months were spent with Tristan’s lolo and lola who came to visit New Zealand. We were able to trail Palmerston North to Auckland and back for three days! Can you believe that?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home