Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lollipops it is...

My MIL is now set to go home endish of April. It was so nice of her to help us out with Tristan for the past 9 months -- mostly taking care of Tristan since Me and P are working.



Now that she'll be off home soon, P and I have been thinking of stuffs to manage our time with Tristan.

First on the list is this:


.....a daycare centre!


Well, since early last year I've been browsing through the web looking at different options available such as the WHERE and the HOW MUCH! Lol. I've been asking some friends on their own experiences of leaving their own child to someone else's care. I'm trying to get as much information as I needed to help me better understand the pros and cons of daycares and somehow leave my expectations open to any circumstances limited by my knowledge.

Another important tool I found useful is the Education Review Report(ERO) for kindie reviews. ERO is a government agency whose task is to review the educational practices of all the different schools in NZ. It's so informative whereby the report contains feedbacks on the strength of a specific school, the number of students they have, recommendations for any areas of improvement.


At first I was looking at childcare centres near our place. My list then included Barnardos, Montessori, ABC learning....I had no idea childcare centres are so many! Finally, we decided to leave him to a daycare centre near my work place. So near that it's just the next building to mine. hehe. It's feasible. I can visit him during lunchtimes and during breaktimes. Also, if an emergency happens I'm just a few blocks away.


I still have the application form to fill-up, though. Well, it's already filled-in but we're still undecided on the days we'll be leaving Tristan in the daycare. P and I reckon he starts with 2 days per week (that's the minimum days to leave a child in their care). Test the waters before leaving him full-time.

ok...we'll see how it goes.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home