Thursday, February 12, 2009

Specs

Weird for my case, my vision is now starting to deteriorate again. Weird because when I was pregnant my vision has improved. My optometrist, in her surprised way, told me that generally, case of vision worsening during pregnancy occurs rather than the other way around. I have astigmatism and nearsightedness, which is aggravated daily since college, but gradually, by my daily work in front of a computer. I wear my glasses/contact lenses whenever I sit in front of a computer at least to prevent myself from the glare of radiations.

When I got pregnant, I stuck with eyeglasses due mainly to its accessibility and ease of use. Since my last trimester I’ve had bed rests most of the time, thus days of spec-free was a delight. Since then until giving birth…well until last month, I have had a “better” vision. I haven’t used my specs unless watching movies in a mini-television. I even had been watching movies in cinemas without them. A great relief somewhat as I don’t really like wearing specs. Lol.

Unfortunately, those happy days are over. Fact is I’m now wearing them again. Seems like my vision has worsened again. I can’t drive without them. I can’t watch movies without them, although, this is a phenomenon I will have to look forward to and celebrate. Hehe! Good thing our mini television was replaced with a bigger than mini-television, whereby watching from far afar (like our kitchen) is still spec-free for me.

When I started wearing my specs again, my son initially didn’t run towards me when I returned from somewhere. He usually runs for a hug whenever he sees me. On that day, he was kinda awkward….lol…trying to make sure I am really his mummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home