Friday, October 17, 2008

my special day

I didn’t celebrate my birthday in a fancy way.

I spent the first six hours of my day sleeping, waking up at around 6.30am only to be staring at the ceiling for the next half an hour – not thinking of anything. It’s my own way of relaxing my mind (apart from the sleep! Lol). One thing different this year is I never had the chance to reflect on my past year – a thing I always do the night before my birthday arrives. I don’t know why. Probably because I’ve been so absorbed with different things lately (with all the relocation) that I have to take a break and just relax. Or maybe because I’m now in a different level, number-wise?

Next thing I did was an everyday routine: Got up from my bed, took a shower, dressed up, ate my breakfast, and finally took a car to work. Oh! One thing interesting happened…of course P rang to greet me! After that, took the car and went to work.

Around ten in the morning I received a phone call from home thinking it was my mum ringing to greet me. Surprised, it was P with Tristan. I won’t forget that phone call for the rest of my life. It’s the first time my son greeted me “hap-pee day mummy!” and he kept on singing happy birthday in a trying-hard-to-deliver the song correctly. My heart melted. So, this is what my other mum friends relate about one of the joys of motherhood – hearing your son/daughter do something sweet for you.

At work, my boss bought a cake for me which was shared with the whole Finance Retail team.

I went home after work. Kai and Francis dropped by the house to celebrate with me. For the first time, my cuz bought something special for me as a gift. Lol. Then after that Kai, Francis and moi decided to have dinner out at around 7.30PM. Poppee and Carlo couldn’t join us due to prior “commitments”. We went to Wagamama at Sylvia Park – a Japanese restaurant. You know what’s so frustrating that day? No camera to take our dinner out! I think we’re so hungry kasi no one even bothered to take photos with their mobile phones! Lol. Grabe, sayang. But the food is great! It’s the usual Japanese restaurant serving sushi. It’s more on noodles. Afterwards, we had some crepes (Francis’s shout!).

We went home around 9 in the evening. Just made some little chores at home then had my quiet time in the evening. P rang me again to ask how my day was. I told him he’s the first and last to greet me. Hehe!

I didn’t celebrate my birthday in a fancy way – just the way I expected it….because I have no expectations! That made my birthday great in its own special way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home