politicking sa pinas
It is appalling to read how dirty Philippine politics has gotten into and see government officials play the dirtiest trick one can’t even imagine.
I belong to a generation wherein my parents have to leave the country in search for a much better place for their children to live. Why? It’s because of deteriorating standard of living for the poor like us. If not, why would my parents dream of ever leaving a beautiful and much-loved country for a second best?
I didn’t say ‘greener’ as our country is now juxtaposed to Zimbabwe-like condition that the only way to breathe freely without all this smogged-choking ambience is to physically remove one’s self from the place itself. That has been more than ten years ago. What more now?
The horrible fact what these higher government officials have been making of the country is so despicable! I don’t blame our countrymen – both educated and skilled— being forced in searching for better life elsewhere. In NZ alone, statistics shows significant increase in WTR applications from Philippines. This only proves how desperate majority of our population is on leaving the country.
And I salute those who were left behind, struggling and using all what they can for a change. However, much as we wanted, there’s a limit to everything. That’s when the much-evaded reality faces us: What happens to those poor people who can no longer be a “domestic helper” to another race because of poor health? What happens to the children left behind by these mothers who try to feed their family in an honourable means by being alipin to others? But with these monkeys governing and in these positions….what more can our ordinary people do? It is history repeating itself. But only now it’s with Filipinos against fellow Filipinos, the filthy rich against the filthy poor.
This is a shame. Not so long ago, when Filipinos has started to resist Spanish rulings for pseudo-democracy only to find out that we were a enslaved by another. When will the cycle end? Or is it just that our culture and attitude is so appealing to the enslavers that taking advantage is equivocal making a puppet out of us? There’s a thin line between being hospitable and being stupid. And these monkeys have learnt the trick of the trade. From where to learn but from those who we see the actions everyday, right?
I have nothing against Philippines. I love the country and my allegiance will always lie on the fact that I am a Filipino. I wonder if there will ever be change for the better. Probably there is but not in this lifetime. Not in my generation. I just hope that our children’s children will return to their roots and right the wrongs done on our time.
Labels: opinion, Philippine politics



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home