Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's nearly Christmas

yup! It’s nearly Christmas! I already started with my Christmas tree decors shopping. Pine trees don’t go on sale until the end of this month. However, I’ve been in contact with one of the pine tree growers here in Auckland and have asked for their prices.

I was hoping to buy the plastic ones but they’re way too expensive. Imagine a 6-foot tall tree costing more than $150. Compare that to the fresh trees of only $35. I might be buying a plastic one on Boxing Day, though. One can get up to 90% discount for Christmas trees and decors.

This is one of the unusual holidays being celebrated here in NZ – Boxing Day. Well, just what the name literally means….it’s a day when you get to box all your Christmas-related stuffs. Thus, department stores would normally sell Christmas decors for the lowest price available. Following suit, other stores have massive sale on this day too! I think it’s a much anticipated shopping galore for the shopping addicts.

Meanwhile, I am currently on the hunt for that perfect table lamp. I’ve managed to buy a floor lamp from someone yesterday. It’s the classic floor lamp. More like a Victorian style. I got it for a bargain but the pick-up location is soooo far from where I live! Would you believe it took me more than half an hour to get to the place? Plus, at some stage, I got lost. I went to the wrong exit. It’s really tough driving and at the same time locate your whereabouts on a map while doing so. The owners were middle-aged leaning towards retirement age couple. They have a beautiful house and garden. I love the garden. And they were so kind.

That’s one down. Now for the table lamp…while strolling through Newmarket during lunchtime last monday, I happened to enter one boutique with those gorgeous dresses. What caught my eye is their table lamp! It’s the perfect lamp! I even approached one of the sales ladies and asked the price! Lol. That was embarrassing. Of course it’s not for sale, I know that. I just want to know how much they got it for. Lol. It’s really so beautiful. It is white and has this Victorian appeal. What made it look a bit modern and classic is the glass body part. I wish I can get hold of similar pair of lamps. But that needs more visits to different shops. *wink*


I have Friday off. Probably visit some stores which are on sale.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home